Staff members Jo Belasco and Dawn Adams publish papers related to Tapestry’s overall mission in several different venues, including a blog on this website, Occasional Papers also available on this website, and media ranging from book chapters to trade magazines and professional journals. Please scroll down for a listing of recent publications that may be of interest to you.
- A chronological list of all Blog posts is at the bottom of the Site Map.
Papers published in books, magazines, or at online archives (those with three asterisks in front are available for free download):
- Adams, Dawn Hill, Shawn Wilson, Ryan Heavy Head, Fiona Cram, and Edmund W. Gordon. 2019. “Bridges to ‘Ceremony at a Boundary Fire: A Story of Indigenist Knowledge,” in Human Variance and Assessment for Learning. Armour-Thomas, Eleanor, Cynthia McCallister, A. Wade Boykin, and Edmund W. Gordon, Eds. Third World Press Foundation, Chicago. Forward, pp. xiii – xxvi.
- Adams, Dawn. 2018. An experience-based perspective on the relationship between indigenous and Western epistemic systems in research. Evaluation Matters—He Take Tō Te Aromatawai 4: 2018.
- ***Dawn Hill Adams, Shawn Wilson, Ryan Heavy Head, and Edmund W. Gordon. 2015. “Ceremony at a Boundary Fire: A Story of Indigenist Knowledge.” Available for free download at the University of Sydney eRepository site.
Occasional Papers published on Tapestry’s website (free access):
- Adams, Dawn Hill. 2016. In Service to the Land: Indigenous Research Methods in the Natural Sciences. Tapestry Institute Occasional Papers, 2(1a). https://tapestryinstitute.org/occasional-papers/in-service-to-the-landindigenous-research-methods-in-the-natural-sciences-vol-2-no-1a-october-2016/
- Adams, Dawn Hill and Jo Belasco. 2015. The Mythic Roots of Western Culture’s Alienation from Nature. Tapestry Institute Occasional Papers, 1(3). https://tapestryinstitute.org/occasional-papers/mythic-roots-alienation-vol-1-no-3-july-2015/
- Adams, Dawn Hill. 2015. Assessment as Acculturation: Procrustes in the Land Between the Mountain and the Sea. Tapestry Institute Occasional Papers, 1(2). https://tapestryinstitute.org/occasional-papers/assessment-as-acculturation-vol-1-no-2-may-2015
- Adams, Dawn Hill. 2015. Of pipelines and rivers: science and Indigenous ways. Tapestry Institute Occasional Papers, 1(1). https://tapestryinstitute.org/occasional-papers/of-pipelines-and-rivers-science-and-indigenous-ways-vol-1-no-1-january-2015