Staff members Jo Belasco and Dawn Adams publish papers related to Tapestry’s overall mission in several different venues, including a blog on this website, Occasional Papers also available on this website, and media ranging from book chapters to trade magazines and professional journals. Please scroll down for a listing of recent publications that may be of interest to you.
- Newest post: Circling Back Home
Papers published in books, magazines, or at online archives (those with three asterisks in front are available for free download):
- Adams, Dawn Hill, Shawn Wilson, Ryan Heavy Head, Fiona Cram, and Edmund W. Gordon. 2019. “Bridges to ‘Ceremony at a Boundary Fire: A Story of Indigenist Knowledge,” in Human Variance and Assessment for Learning. Armour-Thomas, Eleanor, Cynthia McCallister, A. Wade Boykin, and Edmund W. Gordon, Eds. Third World Press Foundation, Chicago. Forward, pp. xiii – xxvi.
- Adams, Dawn. 2018. An experience-based perspective on the relationship between indigenous and Western epistemic systems in research. Evaluation Matters—He Take Tō Te Aromatawai 4: 2018.
- ***Dawn Hill Adams, Shawn Wilson, Ryan Heavy Head, and Edmund W. Gordon. 2015. “Ceremony at a Boundary Fire: A Story of Indigenist Knowledge.” Available for free download at the University of Sydney eRepository site.
Occasional Papers published on Tapestry’s website (free access):
- Adams, Dawn Hill. 2016. In Service to the Land: Indigenous Research Methods in the Natural Sciences. Tapestry Institute Occasional Papers, 2(1a). http://tapestryinstitute.org/occasional-papers/in-service-to-the-landindigenous-research-methods-in-the-natural-sciences-vol-2-no-1a-october-2016/
- Adams, Dawn Hill and Jo Belasco. 2015. The Mythic Roots of Western Culture’s Alienation from Nature. Tapestry Institute Occasional Papers, 1(3). http://tapestryinstitute.org/occasional-papers/mythic-roots-alienation-vol-1-no-3-july-2015/
- Adams, Dawn Hill. 2015. Assessment as Acculturation: Procrustes in the Land Between the Mountain and the Sea. Tapestry Institute Occasional Papers, 1(2). http://tapestryinstitute.org/occasional-papers/assessment-as-acculturation-vol-1-no-2-may-2015
- Adams, Dawn Hill. 2015. Of pipelines and rivers: science and Indigenous ways. Tapestry Institute Occasional Papers, 1(1). http://tapestryinstitute.org/occasional-papers/of-pipelines-and-rivers-science-and-indigenous-ways-vol-1-no-1-january-2015